Friday, April 11

Prism |<>| Therefore, Consider This Pure Joy...

What joy a parent feels the first time the child recognizes the sound of his/her voice. Coming home and the child shouting with glee.

What joy I felt with a friend skipping along the corridors of school, long after the bell is rung, no other student left, the sun setting on the top most floor and us just giggling at the sounds our shoes make on the concrete floor...giddy, giddy, giddy up!

What joy we feel receiving the first trophy, having the love we have returned, when our hopes turn into reality...

What joy in a quiet morning with a dense fog settled over the valley or looking up to a star filled night and gazing into the velvet black blanket speckled with sparkling stones and feeling the vastness of the universe...

Memories in a bubble, we draw out at times to remind us of the good times.
Think -- have you ever considered the possibility that there a joy more permanent that we do not need to draw out but is always there like a steady hum, reverberating in our hearts as we go through our daily tasks?


Is joy beyond moments, beyond single occurrences possible? Can joy that is not a memory but a constant truth, ever present be possible?

Is this pure joy possible? Joy that brings peace, peace that brings joy...in the stilness of hearts, joy bourne out of renewal, joy bourne out of thanksgiving, joy bourne out of the knowledge that there is greater, much greater happiness for us for everlasting...

Consider this...friends, meditate on the Word of God it is fresh and sharp. Joy is not pure emotion. Joy is a decision and a state of consciousness. A result of the renewal of our outlook, the transformation of our thinking. Where the focus and center of our thinking is filled with Jesus Christ, there is nothing on this earth that can take away the knowledge that He loves us, fully, unconditionally.

Pure joy from being loved overwhelmingly, knowing that the Creator of the universe's only purpose is to love us, to make us happy, and to bring His most beloved creation back to Him in glory.

Pure joy to see Him face to face. O, to see Him smile upon me! To know that He is...
Pure joy is beyond moments, beyond emotions -- it is the unity we have with the loving, living God. And no one, no powers on earth, heaven or hell can take it away once we receive this precious gift.


Lord Jesus, renew me...I am empty, searching, longing for the kind of joy only You can give. Lord, please come into my life and take away all my pain, all the darkness in my life. Be my Savior, transform me and fill me with the love, hope, and joy You have promised. I surrender to you my self, mold my heart, mold my mind -- I want to experience all the best that You have planned for me. Thank you, Jesus. This I pray in Your most Holy name, Amen.

No comments: