Wednesday, April 16

I am a Messenger

Nothing but the moon in the midnight sky, horses hooves pounding on the ground, torches suddenly light up the night, furious continuous knocking on the door...the messenger has come with urgency. It isn't as dramatic as this setting, but in the same way, I have come.

It is time. The Lord Jesus has been my teacher, He has been feeding my hunger and thirst for His word. People wonder where, how have I learned what I know. I believe, for us who seek Him earnestly and want to know Him -- He does not leave us in the dark. The Lord has given me His scroll. His message I am passing on.

Let this be the story of those who are chosen. The message but goes through our hands. At the appointed time and place, we are called to speak. Speak.

He is my Strength, my Source, my Portion. I am His cup, His mouthpiece, His instrument. Lord, let no force on earth stop me nor make me hesitate to deliver Your word to Your people. Town to town, person to person, moment by moment...encourage me up to my last breath!

I am Your messenger.

No comments: