Thursday, December 4

Prism |<>| Face to Face with Evil

For things we do not fathom
Evil, pain, distress, suffering in this world
Things our human minds can not comprehend
Things our hearts can not accept
Hideous, disgusting, unjust, and oppressive things
We ask "why, why, why?"

Though I ache
I have found the answer that quiets my soul
An answer that humbles me
I am awed and ever grateful...

For no reason but His glory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We witness evil everyday, we see it all the time in the news. But until it strikes and personally affects us, only then do we realize the hideousness of what we know we abhor. We ponder and ask, why? Why has God allowed it? Why? Why?

(Romans 9:11-23) "11Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad --in order that God's purpose in election might stand: not by works but by HIM who calls--...14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15For He says to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion. It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. 18Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden... 23What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory--"

Not because of anything we do or can do, nor is it because of our desire, our strength, our weakness, our effort nor our choice. But because of our sovereign GOD, only by His choice. Because of who He is...faithful, good, and strong. God does things for a purpose.

To all of those have stood against disobeying God, be reminded, we do not stand because we choose to, we stand because of HIS mercy.

Understand, all these things are for His glory.

When I Think About the Lord
by Hillsong


When I think about the Lord
How He saved me
How He raised me
How He filled me with the Holy Ghost
How He healed me to the uttermost
When I think about the Lord
How He picked me up and turned me around
How He placed my feet on solid ground
It makes me wanna shout,
"Hallelujah! Thank you, JESUS!
Lord, you're worthy of all the glory and all the honor and all the praise!"


It makes me wanna shout,
"Hallelujah! Thank you, JESUS!
Lord, you're worthy of all the glory and all the honor and all the praise!"
For the joy of the Lord is our strength...and His peace, that transcends all understanding, our fortress.

To God, Jesus, our Lord, be the glory!

No comments: